The Presidents Funspiel celebrates the return to curling in October. This event is held over one or two days immediately after the Open House and before league play begins. It is a great time to get the joints working again and catch up with all the news from the summer months! The format varies depending on the number of participants so be sure to sign up and contribute to a fun event!
This year’s contest was held on October 5th and 6th and featured a full roster of 32 players. The teams were shuffled nightly, so our winners were determined by points earned. Click HERE for full results. Congratulations to our top scorers:
- James Botsford (Skip), Steven Fagen (Third), Trish Dempsey & Shelley Walsh (Tied for Second) and Joelle Green (Lead).
This year’s contest was held on October 7 and 8 and the proud winners were Team Pilon:
- Francine Pilon, Trevor Murray, Don McKenzie, Laura Kobayashi
Congratulations to all the participants! For more photos see our BLOG POST
The Funspiel was held September 30 to October 2nd and had approximately 35 people signed up to play. The curlers who had the most points were:
- Leads/Seconds – Glenna Jacobs, Martine Trudel, Anna Stasiak, Howie Myers
- Thirds/Skips – Peter Graham, Francine Pilon, Robbie Sproule, Greg Stachura
There were over 64 participants this year. It was one of the largest opening bonspiels in recent club history. Winners of the A section were:
- Mark Fajertag, Paula Percy, Dale Huston, Michael Farsidakis